I really enjoyed my study abroad. I didn't expect it to be such an incredible semester. I met a lot of amazing people, both Russian and Foreign, learned russian very extensively, and got to live in a new culture.
- People are very friendly, and most people are willing to help you out.
- The school was a very prestigious school in Russia, and was treated as such.
- My teacher was incredibly helpful- staying after to class to answer any questions I might have.
- My dormitory was in good condition, with heating during the winter.
- Studying in Russia improved by russian communication skills, at a more accelerated rate than studying the language back at home.
- The school system was very helpful in getting me here and giving me information. Especially including Dr. Irina V. Rayushkina.
- If you really want to learn the language, this school is the best option. It's cheaper than Moscow or Saint-Petersburg. It wasn't freezing because of its southern location, yet it still snows. Students here are very interested in foreign students, and are more than willing to teach/help you learn the language.
- There are a lot of good places to eat, see and do in Krasnodar.
- Transportation is convenient and cheap.
- Classes were very small and personal. Meaning we got to practice speaking a lot with the teacher. We were taught extensively the grammar, phonetics and comprehension of Russian very well.
- Upon arrival, I was incredible lost and couldn't find my dorm for 2 hours, even after arriving on campus. For upcoming students, I would recommend to them- not arriving in Krasnodar on September 1st (Student Day)- and also if someone could meet the student on campus upon arrival. There was just a lot of Russian people telling me things that I didn't understand- as in where to go, how to get my visa updated, and where my class was.
- The dorms shut down at 11pm, which made it very hard to see the night life of Krasnodar. If possible, I'd recommend removing the curfew because a lot of the international students felt restricted at night.
In summation, I had an incredible time here in Krasnodar. The people, culture and language have been an incredible learning process that I'll never forget. I feel my Russian improved, I made friendships that I'll never forget, and I experienced a new culture and way of life.
Special thanks to Dr. Irina V. Rayushkina- she was incredibly helpful, nice and knowledgeable with helping international students, and her grasp of the English language is near perfect. I appreciate your help, and this was a trip I was always remember and look back on with enjoyment.
Photos of Krasnodar:
© 2009-2012 ФГБОУ ВПО "Кубанский государственный университет", 350040, г.Краснодар, ул.Ставропольская 149, тел (861)2199-501 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org